Ride and Drive Electric Vehicle Press Event
September 20, 2021 @ 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM EDT
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Anthony Brown and Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD), along with local leaders and advocates, will promote the growing importance of electric vehicles in Maryland and the critical, historic federal investments to promote sustainability and combat climate change as part of the Build Back Better Agenda at 9:00 AM on Monday September 20th. Following remarks and press Q&A, officials will take electric vehicles out on the road for test drives.
The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal invests $7.5 billion for EV charging infrastructure, prioritizing low- and moderate-income neighborhoods and building a national EV charging network. Congressional Democrats also plan to increase the electric vehicle tax credit from the standard $7,500 to $12,500 for vehicles assembled in the United States.
The event will be held at the New Carrollton Branch Library, a leader and model in sustainability and green infrastructure.
- U.S. Congressman Anthony Brown
- U.S. Senator Ben Cardin
- Sen. Paul Pinksy, Prince George’s, District 22
- Del. Anne Healey, Prince George’s, District 22
- Del. Alonzo Washington, Prince George’s, District 22
- Del. Nicole Williams, Prince George’s, District 22
- Roberta Phillips, CEO, PGCMLS
- Michael Gannon, COO for Support Services, PGCMLS
- Dr. Sacoby Wilson, PhD, MS, Associate Professor, Maryland Institute for Applied Environmental Health